Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Prego Update - 35 Weeks!


How Far Along - 35 weeks! Whoooo hooooo!

Total Weight Gain/Loss - Still holding at 25 pounds...not eating for a few days, and being on a chicken broth diet for a week did not allow for any weight gain!

Carson's Fruit (or Vegetable!) Size - Honeydew Melon! (33-36 weeks)

Maternity Clothes - Special thanks to Amanda who brought me some clothes at the hospital, so I didn't have to wear a hospital gown all week!

Sleep - Sleep has been rough...they gave me sleep aids at the hospital that worked like a charm...but sleeping at home is a different story. Not to mention that my contractions still come and go most days, which often wake me up throughout the night.

Best Moment of the Week - Being released from the hospital two days early, with both my baby and my gall bladder still inside!

Movement - Constant...I am so in trouble once this kiddo can crawl and walk...I always suspected that Carson has an above average activity level, however I have never been pregnant before, so I have nothing to compare it to. However...the nursing staff at both Exeter and Elliot Hospital(s) were baffled with his movement pattern...he is NON STOP!

Food Cravings - fried pickles...buffalo chicken dip...donuts...milk shakes...why not rice, pasta, or toast? This bland low fat diet I am on while 35 weeks pregnant is rough...

Gender -  Boy boy boy!

Labor Signs - I got a really good taste for labor this past week. During and following my gall bladder attack, my body launched into labor, having contractions every 2 minutes, for just under 24 hours. They were not active labor contractions, but enough where I did request some pain medication. Luckily, they were able to stop my contractions from developing into the real deal. For now, I am on "modified bed rest" because if I stay on my feet for too long, the contractions start up again. I am usually able to get them to stop if I put my feet up. Thanks to my brief labor stint...I am currently 2 cm dilated, and 50% effaced.

Belly Button - outtie

What I miss - yummy food, Thai food, Indian food, basically anything with good flavor :)

What I'm Looking Forward To - A healthy baby born after at least 35 weeks! Due to the stress that my gall bladder is placing on my body, my OBGYN is fairly certain that I will not make it to 40 weeks. My hunch is that Carson will arrive sometime during the last two weeks of October...but maybe we will have a November baby after all!

Milestones - Reaching 35 weeks! That was our goal throughout this entire ordeal! At this point, Carson is fully developed, he is just packing on the pounds. At 35 weeks, he can also safety be born at our home hospital, rather than going to a NICU. Way to go, Carson!

Special Shout Outs - Thank you to Allison H, Desiree, Debbie, Amanda G, Michelle B, Stephanie C, and Kristi who came to visit me either at the hospital or at home; it meant more than you know! I also appreciated the many texts, emails, and phone call check ins from family and friends. Michelle and Darryl deserve much thanks for taking Chomper! Best wishes to Cousin Tim and his fiance Lauren, who are getting married this weekend in NH...unfortunately my doc has banned me from attendance :-( And a hello to all of my Meyer family members who are in town for the special occasion!

3 comments:

  1. i'm sooooooooooo glad everything's back on a good track!! that would be so fun if he was born on halloween don't you think!! i can't believe the time is almost here ... it's pretty wild. seems like just the other day i got the awesome text from you about you bringing a LIFE INTO THE WORLD!! it surely is an awesome gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your face looks a lot thinner--must be from not eating all week-- which is crazy to think other parts of your body can lose weight while little one continues to grow. Amazing bodies we have! So glad all is well for the time being, and you made it to the 35 week milestone... big weight of your shoulders, i'm sure. Now we are all just waiting for good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will miss you this weekend...glad to hear this good news. Can't wait to see Carson in person when he is ready to face the world. You look great!

    ReplyDelete