How Far Along: 16 weeks
Baby Size: Blackberry Phone
Current Symptoms: Lots of baby kicks! Definitely
feeling things all the time, especially after eating chili! I have some pretty
intense acid reflux when I am NOT pregnant, due to post gallbladder removal symptoms…and
it was pretty bad during my first trimester when I had some morning sickness
however; I am feeling great right now, best I have felt in the last few years
in the reflux department! I am guessing that is not going to last forever as my
belly continues to grow…also still battling some nasty migraines, about twice a
week. My doc says that some women often find relief after the 16th
week…maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel!
What's Different: Our pregnancy sensitivity and
empathy is definitely different this time around J
It was all exciting and new when I was pregnant with Carson, but this time
around it is very much “been there, done that, now get over it!” All of my
other second time mom friends concur that pregnancy the second time around is
not as glamorous as the first, particularly in the husband department! I sometimes
have to remind Ryan that I need a break once in a while. I think my growing
stomach is serving as an excellent reminder as well! To be fair, Ryan has
really stepped it up and become Mr. Mom these days as he is in charge of
daycare pick up and starting dinner due to my later work schedule. Regardless,
I wouldn’t trade him for the world, and am grateful to have him as my parenting
partner!
Carson Comments: Carson is usually asleep by the
time I take my bump pictures. This week before our last beach trip of the
summer we squeezed in a quick photo op, and Carson was very intrigued! He insisted
on taking his own set of bump pics before the shoot was over! See pic below,
adorable! We were doing some back to school shopping this week, and Carson found
a shirt that he liked and I told him that we could buy it. Carson’s response was
“Well if I get a new shirt, then Wader should get a new shirt too!” He picked
out a fire truck pj set which Ryan insists will be OK for a boy or a girl J
Daddy Updates: Ryan has been doing a lot of
bonding with 3 month old Audrey, our friend’s Stephanie and Slade’s baby girl.
Ryan secretly thinks we are having a girl, so I think he feels a special
connection! (For the record, I think Wader is a boy!) He loves to hold her and
rock her and cuddle with her, and boy does she flirt right back at him! He
constantly says things like “I don’t remember babies being this small!” or “She’s
so fragile!” I think we are so used to having a toddler these days that an
infant may throw us for a loop after all!
Baby Prep: I haven’t done much baby prep for Wader
this week because I am super excited to co-host a baby shower for my friend Anna
this upcoming weekend! Most of my focus has been preparing to celebrate her
little girl that is due in November! Can’t wait!
Looking Forward To: Attending Anna’s shower with
at least 4 of my college friends (or spouses) who are also pregnant! We definitely
will have to take a group picture! Ryan and I were the first of our group of
college friends to have kids, so we are excited that other people are joining
us in parenthood! (Much to our friend Eric’s dismay!) J





Susie, we are the same amount along! For some reason, you look more pregnant than I do, though. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete