How Far Along: 19 weeks
Baby Size: a Square Tissue Box
Current Symptoms: Lots of baby kicks! I have started to be able to feel them from
the outside if my arm is lying across my stomach, etc. I doubt Ryan could feel
them yet, as I imagine the combination of the inside and outside movement gives
me an advantage. My headaches have started to decrease in frequency (knock on
wood!) Overall my energy level continues to be wonderful. I am really enjoying
my second trimester with Wader!
What's Different: I assumed that my baby bump was much bigger these days in comparison with
where I was at 19 weeks with Carson. To compare, I decided to take my 19 week
bump pic wearing identical outfits! Is it me or does my stomach pretty much
look exactly the same? Feel free to comment! I must have popped out faster in
the beginning of Wader’s pregnancy, but have slowed down a bit! I was also sad
to have to remove my wedding rings this week L I felt like it was much sooner than when I had
to take them off with Carson however; I checked back on by baby blog, and it
was the same exact week! So maybe the theme of this week is consistency instead
of differences!
| Carson - 19 weeks |
![]() |
| Wader - 19 weeks |
Carson Comments: Carson references Baby Wader all of the time! Just the other day he brought home his pull ups from daycare as he has consistently been dry at naptime, and wanted to put them away for Wader. He asks if Wader can come out RIGHT NOW to play. He mentions Wader during dinnertime and bedtime prayers. This evening he asked if when Wader was done growing, would he be “THIS BIG?!” with his arms spread out as far as he could get them. He has also begun to ask how Wader is going to come out. We’ve explained that Mommy and Daddy will go to the hospital when Wader is ready to come out so that a Doctor can help. Carson then asked if he could help too! Oh boy… It has occurred to Ryan and me that eventually this baby is not going to be named Wader…how would Carson handle that? On the way home from school today, I chatted with Carson about how soon we would know if Wader is a boy or a girl, and then we would pick a boy or girl name for Wader. He immediately got very excited, and asked if Wader could have a name that starts with “C” just like Carson! This made me smile with satisfaction, as I am a big fan of the C Curtis name pattern! Now if we can get Daddy on board…
Daddy Updates: Ryan says he is psyched to find
out the gender this week! At least he hopes…Carson was shy at this ultrasound,
and we walked away with no answer! Ryan believes it is a girl, I think it is a
boy…what do you think?
Baby Prep: Probably the only baby prep activity
I did this week was buy baby friendly laundry detergent….can’t wait to start
washing and putting away baby boy or girl clothes!!!
Looking Forward To: Aside from the obvious
gender revelation, I am excited to be half way done as of this Friday!!! 20
weeks, here I come!





No comments:
Post a Comment