Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, September 30, 2013

20 Weeks - Its a BOY!


How Far Along: 20 weeks pregnant with a BABY BOY!

Baby Size: a Whoopee Cushion

Current Symptoms: I have been having a lot of lower back pain, which I am aware is quiet normal, as I also had it with Carson. But I have also been having some pretty persistent pain in my mid-upper back on the right side. Worried that it could be kidney related or something, I mentioned it at my 20 week checkup. Turns out I have “picking up a toddler too much” syndrome! The doctor stated that its really common in second pregnancies, especially if you still prop your 30 lb almost 3 year old on your hip! Needless to say, I have started to deny Carson some “uppies” which is sad! I haven’t cut them out cold turkey, but at least trying to scale back. Instead, I am offering up lots of ground level bear hugs J

What's Different: I have definitely been more lax this pregnancy when it comes to following “the rules”. I obviously am staying away from alcoholic beverages, etc. but I have drank a fair amount of coffee (at my doctor’s recommendation!) to fend off migraines, I’ve had some soda from time to time, etc. There are two things that I have been going crazy for, craving wise. All I want is spicy tuna roll and a turkey sandwich, and sushi and deli meats are supposed to be off limits. At my 20 week checkup, I asked my doctor (almost jokingly) to remind me why I can’t eat those two items. She concurred about the sushi, but told me to grab a turkey sub on my way home! She explained that as long as it was freshly sliced deli meat from a grocery store or local deli, the chances of getting listeria (a type of food poisoning) is slim to none. She did advise me to stay away from establishments such as sub shops like Subway, as they tend to let pre-sliced deli meat sit out all day. Yay for turkey sandwiches!

Carson Comments: Ryan usually picks up Carson from daycare, so I begged him to wait to tell Carson about his baby BROTHER until I got home from work. Carson seemed overall excited about the prospect of a little brother, but wanted to make sure that he could be involved in Wader’s “birthday party”. Birthday parties are a big deal around here these days! Carson has still been persistent about wanting his little brother’s name to start with a “C” just like Carson. We asked him what the name should be then, and his response was “Ca-Ca”. Clever in that it was the combination of two “C” sounds, but not clever when translated to Spanish J

Daddy Updates: Ryan says that he is thrilled at the prospect of two little boys running around our house, and that they Curtis name will live on with two boys in the family! He did want a little girl, but we both agree that two brothers are our favorite sibling combination! Ryan says he is also looking forward to feeling the baby move, which I think could be any day now, as I am consistently feeling kicks on the outside myself.

Baby Prep:  I have been a little OOC with the baby prep this week! We found it we were having a boy on Thursday and by tonight (4 days later) all of Carson’s 0-6 month clothes are washed and hung up in the nursery closet! Ryan has encouraged me to take advantage of all of the energy that I have now in my second trimester, because we both know I will slow down during the third and be much less productive!

Looking Forward To: Picking out a name now that we know we are having a boy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment