How Far Along: 17 weeks
Baby Size: Toilet Paper Roll
Current Symptoms: HUNGER! For the first 16
weeks, when it was time to eat, my hunger intensity was definitely high –“ I need
to eat and I need to eat NOW!” At week 17, I am just hungry all the time! Doesn't
matter if I ate a half an hour ago! I am currently craving carrots which I
guess is not the worst food to crave. This prompted me to make a pot roast for
dinner this week, yum! Another symptom I am finally feeling in full force is
EXCITEMENT! For so long into this pregnancy, Ryan and I were in denial that
everything was going ok, and that this was going to be a successful pregnancy.
Now that I am well into my second trimester and Wader seems to be doing great,
we found that we are still having a hard time getting excited, as we had
conditioned ourselves to stay calm for so long. After celebrating one of my
best friends at her baby shower this weekend, I think I am finally letting
myself get EXCITED about this baby! And it feels great! J
What's Different: I think I have started to gain
some weight, after actually losing some in the first trimester. This seems to
be the same pattern that I had with Carson (losing first, then gaining in
second trimester). The difference seems to be that I am just gaining weight in
my belly thus far! I know this may eventually change, but maternity pants that
were borderline too tight on me with Carson seem almost baggy with Wader. This
is especially exciting since my pre-pregnancy weight with Wader was about 10
pounds more than with Carson. When we
compare gestational blog pictures, my belly is definitely bigger at 17 weeks….but
the rest of me is not. Teenier during my second pregnancy? This girl isn’t
complaining!
Carson Comments: Carson’s daycare was closed for
a day of community service today, so Carson and I took advantage of the rare 90
degree September weather and hit the beach with a bunch of other moms! We carpooled
with Carson’s good friend Zoey, and her baby Brother, Grady. Carson was such a great
helper with 8 month old Grady! He alerted us when Grady was eating sand,
stealing a banana peel, crawling too far away on the beach…something tells me
that Wader is not going to get away with much when eagle eyed Big Brother
Carson is around! Carson also did an excellent job of entertaining Grady while
we unloaded the car by rocking his car seat and singing him songs! Grady
giggled with delight!
Daddy Updates: For the last 2 years, I have
served as the Secretary of the Board for Carson’s cooperative daycare. As I am
due with Wader shortly after the next Board term starts, and I am feeling like
it might be too much on my plate to continue with the role. Ryan has always
expressed interest in also being a Board member, so we have decided to switch
places! Ryan will be joining the Board as Secretary for the Wader’s first
school year! He is very excited for this opportunity.
Baby Prep: This week I have focused a little bit
on what work might be like after Wader. How much time can I afford to take off,
since I won’t have any paid leave? Should I continue to maintain my
practice in both offices or simplify down to just one? We aren’t sure if there
will be a daycare spot immediately available when we need it, so do I go back
to work part time to start or find alternative daycare options? I haven’t made
any concrete decisions yet, but so much to think about now that I am my own
boss!
Looking Forward To: Fall weather! I thought we
were starting to wind down into cooler weather, but this week, especially
today, was crazy hot! I actually broke down and took the ring off my right hand
after spending the day at the beach…as my ring finger started to turn purple!
At least I still have my wedding rings on…




No comments:
Post a Comment