Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2015

16 Weeks!


How Far Along: 16 weeks

Baby Size: a stud finder

Current Symptoms/Cravings:  Less flutters, more kicks! Baby Girl is getting bigger for sure! I also know this as pelvic separation symptoms have begun :( When I was pregnant with Crosby, I suffered from a separated pelvis which was extremely painful and ultimately lead me to be induced at 39 weeks (after a week of prodromal labor!) My OBGYN warned me that with each future pregnancy, pelvic separation can start sooner and be more disabling, whooo hooo! It started around 20 weeks with Crosby, and here we are at 16 with BC3. I hope to start physical therapy soon, and may have to re-invest in one of those sexy pelvic braces, because I gave my old one away...you know...because I was done having babies...Craving wise, chicken wings continue to be on the top of my list! Fortunately or unfortunately, there is a place that delivers wings to my office in less than 20 minutes of placing my order! 

Manly Mentions: Just tonight Ryan and Carson and I were discussing that Carson will be so much older when BC3 is born, compared to Crosby (Carson turn's 5 this weekend!). We suggested that perhaps he might even be old enough to change some diapers this time around...He shot that down real fast! Carson has come up with some interesting middle name options for BC3. He recently was introduced to the musical movie "Newsies" and is obsessed with various characters of course. He has suggested that the names "Mudd" or "Crutchy" (or both combined!) might be good middle name choices. 

Baby Prep: Not too much baby prep has occurred as of late as this last week I have been focused on many happy and sad events that are occurring within our family. My Gram, Phyllis Moffitt, is is entering the final phase of her life here on earth as she is struggling to fight an infection that doctors feel they no longer can treat. Extra support and prayers are appreciated not only for Gram, but also for her three children (Rob, Patty Cook, and Doug) who have worked together to ensure that her last moments here on earth are filled with comfort, song, and most importantly love. And my poor mother who is working overtime being a wonderful support to my dad, is also healing from various complications of her own recent surgery to remove some cancerous cells under her hairline. In true Patty form, she is plugging along! In happy and exciting news, I am trying to stay focused on my biggest boy whom we will be celebrating this weekend! I can hardly believe he will be half a decade old! Needless to say, baby prep has not been on my radar lately, but I am still having minimal will power when it comes to cute baby girl outfits...

Third Time Around: The general consensus among second and third time moms is that you definitely pop out sooner with subsequent pregnancies! (As evidenced by my bump pics!) There was one point this past week when it seemed like I could feel my stomach expanding in real time, and it was not comfortable! It also kick started all of that pelvic pain. If it was my first pregnancy, I probably would have been calling my doctor at 10 PM to discuss the intense pain and cramping I was feeling. Instead I re-read my baby blog from my last pregnancy and determined that what I was feeling was exactly the same thing as I did with Crosby. I drank a bunch of water, lay down on my left side and went to sleep. Woke up feeling fine in the morning. Mother's intuition at its best!

Next Up: Bloodwork from my 16 week appointment came back all clear, so no concern for spina bifida or neurotube defects, whooo hooo! My next OBGYN appointment is scheduled for 11/6, when I will have my anatomy scan to check organ functioning, etc. This is when we would traditionally find out the gender...but thanks to modern medicine, we already know its a GIRL! Part of me is secretly excited to take a peek at some lady parts, hehe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment