How Far Along: 14 weeks
Baby Size: a stress ball
Current Symptoms/Cravings: Baby kicks and flutters! With Carson I felt them at 16 weeks, Crosby at 13 weeks, and with this one I swore I felt a first flutter at 12! But by 14, I am no doubt feeling movement, crazy I know! I guess by #3 you just know what to pay attention to! I have always craved eggs while pregnant. This time around its in the form of egg salad or deviled eggs...lets make that an eggs and mayo craving! Morning sickness has slowed down significantly, as have late night potty trips and epic fatigue! Whoooo, second trimester! Round ligament pain is also in full force, which makes sense if you take a look at the size of my bump for 14 weeks! The question is...will BC3 be a petite flower like Carson? Or a moose baby like Crosby?
Manly Mentions: The name game has officially begun! Ryan and I of course do not agree on anything...even "to C or not to C" (that is the question). We do have one C name that we both are fond of if we decide to go with a third C. Otherwise, we are at a total loss! Its crazy to know the gender so early! At least we still have time...Carson insists that we call our baby girl "Bunny Rose". Oh man....Crosby on the other hand is completely clueless about whats going on. He is very fond of his baby doll, and when we tell him that there is a baby in Mommy's belly, he completely freaks out and wants it removed immediately!
Baby Prep: Clothes, clothes, clothes! I have a serious baby clothes shopping problem...I thought it was bad with the boys, but girl baby clothes brings it to a whole other level....in a very short period of time I have either purchased or consigned a significant amount of clothes! Now that I have gotten it out of my system, I hope to scale back in the near future! I have also started making a list/registry of baby items that we need. Since we were pretty sure we were done having kids, I gave away 75% of our baby gear, including all of my maternity clothes! I have been able to put together a fairly decent selection of clothes for myself from borrowing through friends and consigning, but baby gear is a whole different story! Its also fun to pick out girly baby gear...not gonna lie!
Third Time Around: Something I am feeling a little frustrated about is preparing a nursery for BC3. The problem is that we have run out of rooms in our house! Carson has a very large bedroom so we originally had Crosby in a crib in Carson's nursery, however that proved to be unproductive in the sleeping department. So we moved Crosby and his crib to our guest bedroom where he sleeps just fine. His clothes and everything else still remain in Carson's room in the massive walk in closet! So far I have started claiming the guest room closet for BC3, but I am unsure if Crosby will still be sleeping in the crib by the time she comes! She will most likely sleep in our room in the beginning and perhaps Crosby will transition into a big boy bed by the time that BC3 is ready for the crib....or not! I am definitely not rushing Crosby out of the crib as the last thing we need is a 2 year old roaming freely around the house at night. But I really really want to be able to decorate a girly nursery! Where our guests will sleep? Who knows! Moving to a larger house may also be in our future over the next year or so...
Next Up: I am excited to continue to feel movement more and more on a consistent basis. Its so reassuring that everything is moving along nicely. I don't have another prenatal appointment for a few more weeks, so movement is great feedback!
Because baby sizes are fun....here is what you missed the first few weeks! Decided to go with another "Daddy Version" instead of the typical fruits and vegetables!
5 Weeks - a BB
6 Weeks - a nut...as in nuts and blots
7 Weeks -a power button on your remote or TV
8 Weeks - a quarter
9 Weeks - a large marble
10 Weeks - the head of a hammer
11 Weeks - a golf ball
12 Weeks - a small measuring tape
13 Weeks - a car's gas cap



No comments:
Post a Comment