Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

17 Weeks!

17 Weeks

These last two weeks have been a total blur! In fact, as I type I am actually closer to 19 weeks than I am 17 weeks! My 17th week started out with my dear Gram, Phyllis Moffitt, passing away on Saturday October 24th. She was surrounded by dear friends shorty before her death, and my dad was by her side when she passed. Although my family planned to spend Thanksgiving with her, we will now be celebrating her life after the holiday - bittersweet, but I am excited to see aunts, uncles and cousins that I have not seen for some time! Thank you for all of your prayers and support for myself and my family regarding Gram's passing. Her obituary can be found here:


Carson was very sad about her passing. He was very fond of his Great Gram as she always had pretzels (all be it stale pretzels!) when he came to visit with her. That afternoon after hearing the news, Carson and I cuddled and cried and said prayers for her. He was glad that she was now up in Heaven with my Grampa...and Buddy the dog...and John Lennon...and George Harrison.

We all rallied later that evening and attended a costume party with friends, as noted in the picture above! Ryan and I dressed up as Juno and Bleeker from the movie "Juno". The pair was a hit...way to pull off a preggo costume!

The very next day we had a birthday party for Carson at the local bowling alley - it was a blast! All of the kids showed up in costume and made their best effort at candle pin bowling. 

Carson and his Bro's at his bday party

Monday October 26th was Carson's actual 5th birthday! I can hardly believe that it has been 5 years since I first held him in my arms! I can also hardly believe that I am old enough to have a 5 year old...and a 21 month old...and am 5 months pregnant with my third! 

At the start of my 18th week it was time for some Halloween action! Carson and I carved a pumpkin, whom Carson affectionately named Seaweed. Three years ago, Grampa Moose and Carson carved a pumpkin named Seaweed, so I suppose this is Seaweed the Third...





Carson and Crosby went trick or treating a total of three times - once with school, once around our neighborhood, and once at a friend's neighborhood. We have too much candy lying around these days for this always hungry preggo! 

Costume parade at school!

My adorable lion (and creature animal to his big brother, Martin of the Wild Kratts!

Trick or Treating - the real deal! 

Needless to say - between Gram, Carson's birthday and party, and Halloween, I totally neglected this blog! I plan to do a normal 18 week update (a few days before I am 19 weeks, ha!)  Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment