How Far Along: 15 weeks
Baby Size: a baseball
Current Symptoms/Cravings: One day this week, I totally had a craving for chicken wings! With ranch dressing! Friday is a paperwork day for me for work, so I was able to squeeze in a pedicure for a little mommy pampering at Polished Spa in my office building. I stopped and grabbed some wings on the way to my appointment and ate them during my pedicure. What could be better than wings and a pedi for a pregnant lady? It was amazing! No new symptoms but definitely noticing the lack of tired and nausous old symptoms! Doesn't mean I still don't enjoy a good nap every now and then...
Manly Mentions: Ryan wants to point at that so far the baby loves caffeine (not too much, I promise!), fancy restaurants, and apple cider donuts, lol. We are definitely still adjusting to the idea of having a girl/daughter/sister in the family. When we first told Carson that we were pregnant his response was "YES! That's all I've ever wanted! And it better be a girl..." Thank goodness that was the case or we had a lot of explaining to do!
Baby Prep: Big events in the baby prep department! We traded in my 2012 Mazda5 for a 2012 Honda Odyssey. The Mazda5 did have a third row of seats but left little to no room for groceries or luggage. As a family who does frequent road trips to see loved ones, we knew that this was not going to fly! I am pretty psyched about our new car...owning a minivan seems so lame yet so awesome at the same time! Tomorrow Ryan and I both have Columbus Day off but the boys still have school. We plan to spend the day cleaning out closets and taking trips to Goodwill to make some more room for this baby! I am sure the back of our new minivan will be full of things to give away!
Third Time Around: One thing that I notice about being pregnant at the moment is that I do not have many other friends or acquaintances that are also pregnant at the same time. My closest friends are super psyched for a baby girl to be joining our kiddo crew, but it feels funny not to be pregnant around the same time that they were as I was with our first two rounds! I do have another close local friend who is a few weeks a head of me, and I am excited to spend time with her as preggos and on maternity leave - she definitely is a friend that has been to Hell and back to have her kiddos as well so its awesome to have a pregnancy comrade. I have another close friend also expecting down in the mid-Atlantic, but can't out her yet! Its been fun to check in with her about what stages we are in, etc. As a third child, hopefully BC3 will roll along with our already established posse - which feels different from when I had Carson who created the posse!
Next Up: Next week I have some more blood work done to screen for not genetic issues, but rather developmental issues such as spina bifida and other neurotube defects. Such a relief to hear that we had no genetic abnormalities discovered via the Harmony test. Crossing our fingers for normal results with this next blood work as well!
This week we took BC3 and her brothers apple picking! Here are some fun pictures:








No comments:
Post a Comment