How Far Along: 32 weeks
Baby Size: In theory, Crosby continues to be a loaf of bread...however we learned this week that he is a big guy...so maybe a loaf of French bread is more accurate!
Mini Update: I usually try to update the blog on Tuesday evenings, but tomorrow is Christmas Eve! Grammy and Grampa Moose have arrived, so let the festivities begin! I am pretty worn out from all sorts of Christmas prep, so rather than my normal lengthy update, I give to you a brief recap of the week!
I had my 32 week check up last Thursday, at which my doctor said "you kind of look huge!" I kind of feel huge, so it was some what of a relief to hear that it wasn't all in my head! She measured my stomach, and sure enough, it was measuring larger than the average 32 week torso.
They were able to squeeze me in for a quick ultrasound after the appointment, as my doctor was curious as to how big Crosby was at this point. The ultrasound revealed the following details: Crosby's head was measuring right on schedule for 32 weeks (whooo hooo for me and my pelvis!), his belly was measuring huge at a whopping 34w4days, and his femur measured 34w2days. We have a tall, chunky baby!
The computer has some funky formula that can average these three measurements together to give Crosby a total average gestational size of 34 weeks rather than his actual 32! Yikes! They also calculated him to be around 4lbs11oz, just under 5 lbs. This was hard for me to wrap my head around, as Carson was born at 38 weeks measuring barely over 6 lbs! I fear I may have a Grampa Moose size baby on my hands! At this point they are predicting that Crosby may be over 9 lbs if he makes it to 40 weeks. I know people give birth to 8-9 lb babies all the time...but again, Carson was barely 6 lbs!
All in all, its nice to know that I am showing bigger for a reason...a bigger baby! People have questioned if my pregnancy dating could be off...however I can pretty much tell you the exact moment of conception thanks to fertility treatments, so that theory is off the table! I am now very curious to see what our Crosby will weigh in at on the big day, as there is quite a large margin of error on these ultrasound estimates. Any guesses? Shall we start a pool? :)
For comparison's sake, here is my bump pic side by side of both Carson and Crosby:
![]() |
| 32 weeks - Carson |
![]() |
| 32 weeks - Crosby |
Ryan and I are so excited to celebrate Christmas this year in our own home with our little family, and plan to cherish the time off we have with Carson into the New Year, as we prepare to jump from a family of 3 to a family of 4! We hope that everyone has a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!






No comments:
Post a Comment