Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

31 Weeks!


How Far Along: 31 weeks

Baby Size: a Loaf of Bread for another week or so

Current Symptoms:  Lots of aches and pains! Its getting harder to tell what hurts as a result of my misaligned pelvis vs just being really pregnant…luckily I have physical therapy to tackle all of the above! I am excited because next week since I don’t have to jet back to work, we are going to do some aqua therapy! So excited to take a dip in the pool, it almost feels like you aren’t pregnant when in the water!  I miss the days of waking up feeling refreshed after a good night’s sleep. Now I just wake up sometimes feeling more sore and tired than when I went to sleep! I know, I know…preparing for those sleepless nights J

What's Different: The song “Brick House” has been stuck in my head all week. Maybe its because I feel like a brick house….and I still have 8ish weeks to go…I remember feeling big with Carson but not this big…I have reached a whole new level of big…I have started to get those sideways glances from strangers and comments such as “you look like you are about to pop!” or “you look like you could go any day now!” both of which are not even true! So curious to see what my bump pictures look like in January.

Carson Comments: Tonight at dinner, Ryan and I discussed with Carson what might happen when Crosby decides to surprise us with his presence. We have previously talked about Mommy and Daddy going to the hospital so that a doctor can help Crosby be born, but we haven’t really addressed what Carson will be doing during this time. Tonight we let him know that he might go play at Dean’s house (his bff) or Grammy might come play with Carson and Chomper at our house, depending on when Crosby decides to surprise us. We were pleased to hear him reply with “That sounds like a great idea!” Then he said…”maybe I can play with Grammy and Dean together at the same time!” I am sure this won’t be the last time we discuss this topic with Carson leading up to the big event, but glad to know our first attempt went so well! We assured him that he could be one of the first people to come “check Crosby out” (in Carson’s own words)!

Daddy Updates:  Over the weekend we got about a foot of snow at our house here in NH. Tonight we are slotted to get at least 6 more inches. Sometimes I forget that I am due in February, a month that is notorious for snow in NH. Ryan has begun plotting which route to the hospital will include the best driving conditions. It reminds me of the scene in Father of the Bride II (one of my favorite movies) when Steve Martin whips out a poster board of various routes to the hospital depending on the time of day, day of week, etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ryan comes up with something like that based on which roads have the best plowing track record!  

Baby Prep: Carson’s security object(s) that he sleeps with every night is a blue lovie that we affectionately call “Bunny Wunny”. Once he became attached to this item, I quickly went out and bought a second one as a backup. I started swapping them out for each other so that they both looked “loved” in the event that we happened to misplace one. Carson caught on to this fairly quickly, and began insisting that he have both bunnies at the same time. So now we have Bunny Wunny and Bunny Two-ee! Fast forward a few years later, and I stumbled across a new lovie made by the same brand with the same look and feel as the bunnies, but instead a zebra. Although I am aware that ultimately it is up to Crosby as to what he attaches to, but I snatched up two of these new lovies in hopes that my boys will have similar comforts! Any name suggestions for our new striped friends? Below are a few favorite bunny pics as well as a shot of the new lovies for Crosby!










Looking Forward To: CHRISTMAS! J Grammy and Grampy Moooose and Uncle Buddy (their dog) and Santa are all Carson can focus on that the moment, as they are all coming for Christmas!  All though not all with descend down the chimney despite what Carson thinks. Carson has had a blast wrapping presents, you should see the tape and bow placement on some of the packages. He also is very strategic when it comes to picking a spot under the tree for each gift. He is also really excited about his advent calendar, our elf named Twinkle Toes, and seeing how many people he can catch under the mistletoe! He can’t wait for Baby Jesus’s birthday party, and is quick to add that after Jesus comes Crosby’s birthday party! So true…

No comments:

Post a Comment