Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

29 Weeks!



How Far Along: 29 weeks

Baby Size: a Loaf of Bread

This makes me laugh because shortly after he was born, Grammy and I actually compared Carson to a loaf of bread…according to various resources, Crosby is about 15 inches long. Carson as 19 when he was born! Looks about right!


Current Symptoms:  Lots of movement! I am guessing Crosby doesn't have much room to move around these days, but that doesn’t stop him from trying! I had a checkup today with my obgyn and based on what she was feeling during my exam, she is guessing that he is already head down, so that is great! Let’s just hope he stays that way! I continue to feel a lot of pelvic discomfort, and am officially waddling so my doc has referred me for physical therapy. This was also recommended by my PT sister, so its nice to know that my doc knows what she is talking about! J  I also have seen an increase in swelling in my fingers and ankles, but it might have been from flying over Thanksgiving. My blood pressure was normal today, so no concerns regarding swelling and preeclampsia.

What's Different: Baby size! And therefore Mommy size! Let’s just say that a significant amount of weight gain occurred over the last two weeks…but is a post-Thanksgiving weigh in really fair for us preggo ladies? Dr. Turer said that my stomach had grown tremendously suggesting that the surge was almost all baby. She also said that an increase in swelling means an increase in water weight. I also have not been to the gym the last few weeks following my fall and increase in pelvic pain, so that has to make a difference as well! I can dole out all the excuses that I want, but my “skinny” maternity jeans were a little tight when I put them on this morning! And to think I still have the rest of the holidays to tackle…At the end of the day, Dr. Turer was not at all concerned, and let’s just say that we are officially predicting a larger baby at birth than 6 lb 2 oz Carson!

Carson Comments: Carson had a blast telling everyone his little brother’s official name – Crosby Quincy Curtis! He was so proud! He loved all the attention he was getting from our family about what a great big brother he will be. And I truly think he is excited! He has become rather enamored with my belly, and loves to hug it and kiss it and pat it. Not gonna lie, it feels a little awkward at times!  I am excited that he appears to be embracing this little brother concept, as when I was first pregnant and he became upset, he used to pretend to snatch the baby out of my belly and throw it away! Very curious to see if this enthusiasm is maintained once we are home from the hospital!

Daddy Updates:  Ryan was excited to make his one and only blog post pertaining to Baby Crosby this past week! When we had chosen a name for Carson, he decided to announce it to the world via his own blog post, so he wanted to do the same for Crosby…consistency in parenting is key he always says! :o)

Baby Prep: We were super excited and surprised to have a little sprinkle with our good friends from college while we were in town for Thanksgiving. We got together for dinner with three other couples whom we are close with and they surprised us with a few baby gifts – so thoughtful and fun! It was also fun because for once we were not the only ones there with a kiddo, as Baby Adina Freiman joined us for the occasion! It was wonderful spending time with such good friends who are also now awesome parents!

Meeting Baby Adina!

The Lovely Ladies that sprinkled me with fun!

Guys can sprinkle too...
Looking Forward To: I am looking forward to gearing up for Christmas! We are going for a ride on the Polar Express this weekend to see Santa at the North Pole, as well as cutting down our Christmas tree! I am also looking forward to picking out our annual Curtis Family ornament for 2013. I have always wanted to get a pregnancy themed ornament but it has never lined up! I wasn’t with child at Christmas during my pregnancy with Carson, but three years later I most definitely am!

No comments:

Post a Comment