![]() |
How Far Along: 18 weeks
Baby Size: a hockey puck (17 weeks), an electric razor (18 weeks)
Current Symptoms/Cravings: I have been starving!! At least it makes sense because between 16 and 18 weeks, apparently the baby essentially doubles in size. I have been craving a lot of carbs which would definitely help in the doubling in size department...specifically garlic bread. Lots and lots of garlic bread! I ate a lot of garlic bread with Carson - interesting that this craving has returned. Sleeping has started to become a little uncomfortable, especially since the start of my pelvic pain a few weeks ago...which means the castle of pillows in bed are back! Ryan is thrilled...
Manly Mentions: I think Ryan is pretty excited that my energy is back for the most part, as I fear he was starting to feel like single parent during the first trimester! I think he is starting to feel a little overwhelmed at the amount of baby girl items that have popped up around the house...Crosby has been finding some new baby items around the house, too, and keeps proclaiming that they are "MINE!" this kiddo is in for a rude awakening! On the flip side, he is also head over heels in love with his baby doll. He loves to rock it, swaddle it, push it around in a grocery shopping cart. He is actually obsessed with toy baby strollers. I think he might ask Santa for one for Christmas...
Baby Prep: In an effort to plan for the possibility of Crosby still sleeping in the crib by the time BC3 arrives, I grabbed a used mini crib that will fit either in our bedroom or the landing up on the second floor. We have run out of spare bedrooms for this girl! I have also gotten some shelving for the closet downstairs for some extra storage space for baby girl items. She is going to have stuff dispersed all over the house! I am super excited to be traveling to Colorado next week with Carson to celebrate my nephew, William's first birthday! While I am there, I plan on raiding all of the baby gear that I passed down to my sister, Kristen, that I swore I would never need again...oops! But I would love to get my hands on a few of my favorite baby items, nursing bras, etc.
Third Time Around: I feel much more prepared for maternity leave planning this time around. I have gone through it once with my private practice when I was pregnant with Crosby, so I know what things to anticipate. I have found some wonderful resources for my clients when I am out, so that is great. I also think that some clients that I have seen for some time remember what I looked like when I was pregnant. I have had two people this week ask me if I was pregnant, noting that they know its a sensitive question to ask...but that they thought I definitely looked pregnant like the last time!
Next Up: This Friday I have my anatomy scan followed by a regular check up with my OBGYN. Ryan will be tagging along for that appointment, so that is fun! Crossing our fingers for normal results regarding all of the important organs! Then I will spend my 20th week in the Rocky Mountains - half way through this pregnancy!
Right around 18 weeks, we had some professional photos taken - most likely our last ones as a family of 4! Although BC3 does make an appearance throughout them! Here are a few samples of what we have seen so far...can't wait for all of the proofs!













No comments:
Post a Comment