In Memory of Cricket 1996 - 2010
(My eyes and face were too blotchy and red for a picture this week!)
How Far Along - 24 weeks!
Total Weight Gain/Loss - 8 lbs...staying true to a pound a week!
Swarley's Fruit (or Vegetable!) Size - Still working on a Papaya. Although I read on another website that the baby is about as long as an ear of corn, if you are needing a new produce reference!
Maternity Clothes - I find myself always wearing skirts and sun dresses these days.
Sleep - The body pillow has become a perminant fixture in our bed.
Best Moment of the Week - Ryan wearing the empathy belly! (If you missed this event, scroll down to the previous post!) I also started a "Motherwell" prenatal yoga and swimming class this week, which was super fun and relaxing! Bouncing around with a bunch of prego women in a pool is pretty entertaining too!
Movement - All the time. Its interesting to note his migration patterns around my stomach as well. Ryan is consistantly feeling kicks at this point, which greatly pleases him.
Food Cravings - Nothing new, just hungry all of the time.
Food Aversions - H2O - which is not helping the 8-12 servings of fluid I am supposed to be drinking each day!
Gender - BABY BOY! I am starting to notice how large the girl clothes sections are in stores, compared to the tiny boy sections...
Labor Signs - I think I have had a total of two Braxton Hicks contractions so far! Once in the middle of the night, and once in my friend's kitchen. Very interesting!
Belly Button - remains flat...no poppage yet!
What I miss - spicy tuna rolls
What I'm Looking Forward To - More baby classes! We had our first class this week, where a physical therapist taught us all about the changes a pregnant woman's body undergoes as the the baby grows. It was humorous to see how squished your bladder eventually gets...
Milestones - As of 2010, once a fetus reaches 24 weeks, it has a decent chance of survival in the event of preterm labor, with the help of todays sophisticated neonatal intensive care units. Even just a few years back, the official "safe" mark was 28 weeks...talk about scientific advancements! Not that we want Swarley to appear anytime soon, but its nice to know that he has a fighting chance as of this week!




We were laughing out loud over here at Ryan's new belly! I also went through an aversion to water (although earlier in pregnancy), which sounds crazy. Poor Sean must have lived on blue Gatorade his first few months in utero b/c I couldn't stomach water! I can't wait to hear about your baby classes b/c we never took any, and I love the idea of water/yoga exercise for mamma-- I wish we had one of those here! Can't wait to hear more in person!
ReplyDelete:-( so sorry about cricket ... sounds like all else is well!!!
ReplyDelete