Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Prego Update - 23 Weeks


How Far Along - 23 weeks!

Total Weight Gain/Loss - Maybe 7 lbs? I managed to stay pretty level, even on vacation! Doc says I should expect to gain about a pound a week at this point..

Swarley's Fruit (or Vegetable!) Size - so here is the deal...starting at week 22, the fruit size changes every month instead of every week...so for the next month, Swarley will be a Papaya!

Maternity Clothes - Thank you, cousin Amy, for passing down some wonderful maternity clothes to add to my collection!

Sleep - Eh...lots of tossing and turning. I always wind up on my back, which is a "No No" after 20 weeks.

Best Moment of the Week - Aunt Rachael has started painting Swarely's nursery murals! They look fantastc so far! We have a farm scene, a beach scene, a jungle scene, and a winter scene. See below for some fun pics!

Movement - Holy cow...this kid never stops! Especially when I am trying to fall asleep...I think I have started to feel some hickups as well...all you Moms out there...what do baby hickups feel like?

Food Cravings - I finally was able to get some La Festa Buffalo Chicken Pizza down for the first time! A pre-pregnancy favorite of mine! I also had a 10 PM delivery of chicken fingers over the weekend...

Food Aversions - I think food aversions are a thing of the past....

Gender - BABY BOY! Aunt Kristen affectionately calls him
"Swarley Boy"

Labor Signs - Anticipating my first Braxton Hicks contraction...nothing yet though!

Belly Button - Basically flat...not popped, not inverted...just flat.

What I miss - A cold Woodchuck in this hot weather...

What I'm Looking Forward To - We start baby classes on Wednesday night! Ryan has been waiting for these to start since before I was pregnant! He can't wait.

Milestones - Nothing super exciting that I can think of...other than a big shout out to my friend Allison who gave birth to her son, Wesley, this past Thursday!

Mural Pictures (still a work in progress!):

Ryan and I found this map at Target right after we got married and knew that this is what we wanted to use to decorate our future
child's nursery! Our nursery theme is "Across America".


Farm Scene! (note Chomper in the bottom left corner)


Beach Scene! (The turtle will sport a Maryland "M")

3 comments:

  1. now that my computer at work is upgraded i can comment all i want :-)

    whether or not it was the first time i saw one, it was definitely the first time i paid attention to how big papayas are!!!

    The murals are so fun, and the picture of all of you makes me miss yall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the murals-- I usually think wall murals come out kind of plain and drab, but I love the bright colors and scenes in Swarley's-- they look great!

    Ah, baby hiccups. to me, they are a sort of menacing, irritating rhythmic blip--not as big as a kick or turn, but not small enough to be ignored. In the past I have compared them to a ceiling fan that's off balance-- every few seconds you hear that annoying click, and no matter how hard you try to block it out, you just can't... you keep focusing on it knowing it will come again in a few seconds! The novelty of the hiccups wore off after the first few times for me, then it was just this anticipated (obnoxious) blip. Am I a bad mother for being annoyed by them? Sean and James usually got the hiccups once a day, or a few times a week at least.

    We have a friend whose parents are from Columbia (the country), and her mother insists that baby hiccups in the womb mean the baby is cold. She wrapped our friend's belly in blankets when she was pregnant so the baby could warm up. I kind of giggle when I think of that scene. I don't think there's any evidence the baby's temperature ever changes in the womb, much less, is signalled by hiccups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen, that pig in the mural needs to be either (a) green, or (b) polka dot.

    ReplyDelete