And here starts the regular weekly blog updates! With Carson's pregnancy,
I took pictures outside on our front porch in front of our green door.
Although this was a much more scenic picture location,
we figured it might be a little cold this winter taking pictures outside! So inside it is...
I also wanted to come up with a list of new questions to answer each week, so here goes:
How Far Along: 14 weeks
Baby Size: Rubik's Cube
Current Symptoms: Little baby flutters! Believe it or not, I am pretty positive I felt Wader's very first flutters as early as 12 weeks....I felt Carson for the first time at 15.5 weeks, and they say you feel the second baby much sooner....but seriously, 12 weeks? Medical professionals will swear you can't, but after lots of googling, plenty of other women claim they also felt movement this early. At my 13 week ultrasound, I confirmed my suspicions when I felt movement at the same time as watching it on the ultrasound screen. CRAZY! The movement is still every so slight, and often goes unnoticed, but I am pretty consistently feeling flutters at 14 weeks. Feeling much less tired, which is great considering Ryan was out of town for 4 days this past week! Less nausea as well....but more heartburn!
What's Different: My size! My baby bump is huge compared to my 14 week pic with Carson! It was also nice not being so pregnant over the summer, no swelling yet, and still have my wedding rings on!
Carson Comments: Carson has shown a little bit of regression since we have increased our Wader discussion. He sometimes refers to himself as a baby instead of a big boy, wants his 13 week ultrasound pics up on the fridge next to Wader's. He recently reverted from "Mommy and Daddy" to "Ma Ma and Da Da".
Daddy Updates: This week was our 7th wedding anniversary! Ryan is always joking about wondering when the 7 year itch starts...7 years of dating or 7 years of marriage...we figured that throwing a baby into the mix is sure to ward off any itching over the next year!
Baby Prep: I have joined a prenatal yoga class to gear up for all of the changes my body will have in the next 6 months! We also have officially moved Carson into his own twin size bed. He was previously sleeping in his crib which was converted into a toddler bed...but gotta make way for Wader! They say its best to make this transition well before the baby actually arrives. As of right now, we are going to attempt to have the kiddos share a room....anyone have any success with this? I am nervous about it....
Looking Forward To: Finding out the gender...at our 13 week ultrasound, the tech guessed that the baby was a boy....we'll see if she was right on September 26th when we go in for our anatomy scan! I have been prepping myself for another boy however; I recently heard from the friend that they also got the 13 week male prediction, only to find out that it was a girl a few weeks later! I would absolutely love a girl as braiding hair and some day being the Mother of the Bride sounds amazing! However, I already know that boys are great! And I think two little brothers would be adorable...not to mention, we already have loads of boy clothes, etc. Either way, a healthy baby is the big picture goal!
Rather than doing a fruit size comparison this time around, I looked around for another list of size comparisons, and found some Dad inspired references! Here is a list from the first trimester:
Week 4: beard stubble
Week 5: chocolate chip
Week 6: fishing sinker
Week 7: cuff link
Week 8: gummy bear
Week 9: gum ball
Week 10: cotton ball
Week 11: golf ball
Week 12: wine cork
Week 13: espresso cup




No comments:
Post a Comment