Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Gall Bladder Surgery a Success!

Here I am, just hours after surgery!

Gall bladder surgery was a success! I am pretty soar, and am having trouble walking around, sitting up, etc. Perhaps the hardest part is being essentially unable to hold the baby :( I do OK with him sitting on my lap. Amazingly, the only insicion they made was a small one through my belly button, as the proceedure was done laproscopically. It feels a little weird being in so much pain, but only have a simple bandaid across my naval!

Grammy did an excellent job talking care of Carson while Ryan was supporting me at the hospital. I planned head and pumped a bunch of milk, as I anticipated breast feeding being very difficult post surgery. Doc says it will take 7-10 days for me to feel back to normal....we will see how I feel tomorrow! Thanks for everyone's well wishes....and I am thrilled that all of this gall bladder nonsense is behind us! 

The night before the procedure, Ryan and I had two of our closest friends over for a "last fat free bland diet" meal. Carson was very excited to meet them both :)

 One of Katie's first times holding a baby!

Joe was just ecstatic to finally hold this little one in his arms!

1 comment:

  1. How come Ryan is always sleeping? Doesn't he ever change diapers?

    ReplyDelete