Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

37 Weeks!


How Far Along: 37 weeks

Baby Size: a Beach Ball for the rest of the pregnancy! Tell me about it!

Current Symptoms:  Contractions! The real deal! All the time! Only problem is that they seem to come and go...I have them pretty much every night but they never stick around. Sunday I had them on and off all day long. This was somewhat exciting as I was 3 centimeters dilated at my 37 week checkup last Friday! I know that some women have walked around for weeks at 3 cm…but the fact that I went from 1 to 3 cm in one week was a fast pace! Regardless, as of today I have two weeks or less before we meet Crosby, as I am penciled in on the hospital calendar for an induction on February 11th, whooo hooo! I think my mom is chomping at the bit! She was ready to fly in last week when I called to tell her that I was 3 cm. I think she is leaning towards arriving sooner rather than later, since Crosby appears to want to arrive sooner rather than later as well.

What's Different: Sometimes I forget that for the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy with Carson I was on bed rest. Although bed rest seemed boring at the time, it sounds pretty awesome right now! I am utterly exhausted by the end of the day, and feel as though I am providing mediocre clinical insight to my clients at this point. I am not sure how some women work all the way up until they go into labor, its exhausting just to think about! I have two days of work left before I terminate with my last client, and then I will have a little self-imposed bed rest (or running around like a crazy person taking care of last minute things!) before Crosby decides to arrive. I will say that it is nice to be able to wrap things up at work, unlike last time. I wasn’t able to terminate with any clients when pregnant with Carson since my bed rest was so sudden. Tying up loose ends and saying goodbye to many kiddos that I have worked with for the last few months/year has provided me with some nice closure!

Carson Comments: This past week, Carson’s perspective on this pregnancy has turned from pure excitement to exhausted anticipation. We have been talking about his baby brother coming for what must seem like his lifetime at this point, and he is beyond ready for him to arrive. He has gone from saying that Crosby will come in “three more days!” to “five more minutes?” I think he is over me being pregnant just about as much as I am. I am borderline worthless to him at this point. I can’t pick him up. I can’t play on the floor, I am tired all the time, I am often grumpy and short with him, and he is so ready for the old Mommy to be back in action. The other night when I was tucking him in to bed he asked “Mama, when that baby comin’ outta your belly?” followed by a big sigh. Poor buddy! Can’t wait to scoop Carson up and spin him around again. Soon!

Daddy Updates:  Ryan has consistently been attentive and focused on Carson’s needs throughout this pregnancy, especially when it comes to what will happen with Carson (and Chomper!) when I go into labor. Best case scenario, Grammy will be here and all will be well. In the last week especially, Ryan says that he has been overwhelmed and grateful for the number of people (both good friends as well as new acquaintances) that have volunteered to be “on call” for Carson and Chomper in the event of a 2 am water breakage, to cook a meal after the baby is born, or to host Carson for a playdate after we are home from the hospital. The outpouring of generosity from our NH supports has been amazing! Thank you to all who have reached out to us. Since we have limited family supports close by, it means more than you know!  

Baby Prep: I think the baby prep was complete when we finally dragged out the diaper genies! Carson has been potty trained for about 6 months, so they have been “airing out” in the garage for quite some time. There are always little things I think of each day that need to be done, such as some tweaks to the nursery, getting ready for my mom to arrive, etc. but I think we are in a good place in terms of the “must have accomplished before baby arrives” type of items. And my hospital bag is officially packed! Its sitting down by the basement door, ready to grab in a moment's notice!

Looking Forward To: I am looking forward to seeing how all of this plays out. You can only plan so much before just letting go! I definitely have anxiety around a handful of things. I don’t want Carson to see me in pain. He tends to be very sensitive when I am upset or hurt and often starts crying himself. I am hopeful that he is either sleeping or at school when I go into labor!  I am dying to know if Crosby will come early or on time, and if my labor will be long or short. I can’t wait to meet this baby! I can’t wait to see how big (or small) he is compared to his brother. I can’t wait for him to meet his amazing brother! Will Crosby look like a Moffitt like Carson, or more like a Curtis? I can’t wait to see Ryan snuggling with him as we all get to know each other at the hospital. So much to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment